Saturday, October 06, 2007

So LA

For the momentous occasion that was to be my much-anticipated return to the glamorous and sordid world of blogging, I waited and waited for the appropriate event so that I could use those juicy and exciting story tidbits to weave a tale of intrigue, wit, and humor. Instead, I've decided to write about something stupid and petty. But hey, what are blogs for, anyway, if not to bitch and whine in the most emo-poetic fashion? Woe is me...

Three times in the last couple of months, I have been accused of being "so LA." LA?! What does that mean, anyway? What qualities--or flaws--makes someone "so LA"? Let's revisit my first "So LA" experience:

Pompous Wino: If I asked for your number, you wouldn't give it to me, would you?
Me: Why do you say that?
PW: Cuz LA girls like you aren't into guys like me.
Me: What kind of guys are we supposed to be into?
PW: You know, movie star types.
Me: Are you saying I'm shallow?
PW: Are you saying you're not?

So I'm shallow. Check. My second "So LA" experience, I have to admit was second-hand information, passed on to me by an equally bemused and mystified friend:

Person#1: Grace is so LA.
Person#2: How so?
P1: She's so insensitive to other peoples' feelings. She totally disregards their emotions.
P2: Are you sure this isn't just all a misunderstanding?
P1: No. She said those things to purposely hurt me. Only people from LA would be so mean and self-centered.

I'm also insensitive, hurtful, and self-centered. Check. Check. Check.

The third "so LA" experience wasn't nearly as fun as the previous two, but nonetheless, three strikes and you're out:

Slightly Inebriated Friend: Look at that group drinking over there in the corner. They're so LA.
Me: Yeah, they're pretty crazy.
SIF: You should know. They're your type of people.
Me: MY type of people??
SIF: You know. You're LA.
Me: What makes me "LA"?
SIF: Uhhhh, you know... You're definitely not from around here. You know the type... You're totally an LA girl... I hope I didn't offend you...

Well, we never got to a concrete "so LA" profile on the last one. But props to "SIF" for not completely offending me. Just makes me wonder what he/she had in mind, but didn't say when I put them on the spot. Hehe.

So what conclusions did I come to? I hope the majority of you don't think I'm shallow, insensitive, and bitchy. But I guess if you do, there's nothing I can do about it. Although I'd be inclined to tell you that you're totally WRONG. Which means I'm completely disregarding you're opinions. Which makes me pretty self-centered. How very LA of me.

7 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Blogger Princess Inaka said...

yeah you're back! Now stop being so damn shallow and insensitive. Not blogging is sooo LA!

Luv ya
J

Don't worry I'm so VanCity. We should have an all city smack down.

 
At 2:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you've been hanging out with the English too much? Glad you're back on the blog, and thanks for the sushi-rolling stuff - I produced my first california rolls this weekend and they kind of worked! Shape not great, but tasting delicious.

Lots of love,
Geoff

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Eva said...

But you're the most fun when you're shallow, insensitive, and bitchy! What's wrong with those qualities? Being considerate, caring, and nice is overrated and makes you a pushover. Embrace your inner bitchiness!!

So el-laaaay...

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger moneymelon said...

Looks like you've been on hiatus as well, no? Watched your video--I'm so jealous and happy that you're doing something good for the earth! I want to too!

And kudos on the bangs--I always though the Cleopatra look suited you.

 
At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for new blogs even if it is to bitch, hang on that is what blogs are for. Fun too. *hugs* Hugo

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger skylarneverstoodachance said...

haha i didnt even see this! damn nor cals with their 'hella's' and 'hyphy's'

we're NOT la. dude.

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger shan said...

you're the most un-LA socaler i've ever had the privilege to call a friend.

i still say the the dude in the first situation was his sorry attempt to spit some game at you....that obviously didn't work.

hey...let's kick it soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home