Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Oysters and Pumpkins

Two stories in one entry. You guys are so lucky.

A couple of weekends ago, Jeff invited me to go oyster shucking with him and his friends. I've never been, so I agreed to go, if for nothing else than to try something new. I had my reservations. I've only ever had oysters a few times (cooked) and to be frank, I think they're kinda nasty. And the thought of slurping down a slimy still-living mollusk wasn't really appealing either. I mean c'mon, does this look appetizing?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ewwwwwww. But you know what? It wasn't that bad. I poured lots of Tabasco sauce on mine, topped it with some pico de gallo, squeezed a little lime juice on it, and sluuuuuuurped it down. Pretty tasty. Jeff enjoyed his oysters, too.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

On another note, Happy Halloween folks! Over the weekend, my friend Amy threw a pumkin carving party. Nice pumkins, Amy!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I haven't carved a pumkin since I was like 8, before the invention of all of those fancy carving kits with mini saws and super-sharp knives. I had to do it ghetto-style with a dull steak knife for carving and an old metal spoon for scraping out the pumpkin innards. However, Amy was well-prepared with state-of-the-art tools and artsy stencils, which makes for some really fancy jack-o-lanterns:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And the piece de resistance: my Spongebob Squarepants!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

He was a bitch to carve, but well worth the wait.

There are photos of me in costume floating around somewhere. Once I get a hold of them, I'll post them here, too.

8 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, Blogger Eva said...

Wow!!! Your Spongebob looks fantastic!

 
At 1:58 AM, Blogger shan said...

jeff looks deranged. eww...i don't like oysters. could you even taste the oyster with all those toppings?

nice pumpkin.

miss you!

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

You should enable RSS or Atom on this blog so updates get to me automatically.

 
At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok yes there was a handicapped lady BUT she wouldn't have even been able to use my atm because the sidewalk was all torn out so that it was at street level (not sidewalk level). you know me better than to cheat a handicapped person. i still don't think i did anything wrong. that girl had no right to be mad at me. if anything she should be hating herself. for being an idiot :P

 
At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw, kick ass spongebob pumpkin. i love it :)

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Princess Inaka said...

ummmm update onegai! Jeez girl, get it together! You're being SOOO L.A!

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Princess Inaka said...

Um what's up with the wierd Brasilian advert above? Gosh that country is everywhere! INVASION!

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger moneymelon said...

I am sooooooooooo jealous you went oyster shucking. I lurve me some oysterz.

And that spongebob is so awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home