Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Budapest, Hungary

Budapest was very unlike Prague or Krakow, which were both relatively small and easily walkable. In contrast Budapest was HUGE and spread out. The things I remember most about that city were my first (and quite possibly last) caving excursion and a fun slightly drunken wine tasting experience.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Opera House.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Fisherman's Bastion, part of the old city walls. To me, it looks almost like Cinderella's Castle in Disneyland!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Parliament Building, which is right alongside the Danube River. The River cuts Budapest into two sub-cities: Buda (the more residential section, under which we went caving) and Pest (the more industrialized, tourist-friendly part).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Palace, I believe.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Me and Kim sipping some of Hungary's many different types of wine. I thought wine tasting would be a good thing for me to do, because I'm really ignorant when it comes to the different types of wine out there. Unfortunately, after the first three or so different wines, they all started tasting the same. The only thing I learned is that I don't like muscat wine. Waaaaay too sweet.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home