Sunday, September 17, 2006

Czech me out!!

No, I'm not that witty. I saw that clever little expression on a tshirt or souvenir mug or something in some cheesy Czech gift shop. Kim and I have spent the last two days in Prague and I must say, this city does live up to the hype. We were a little wary of coming here at first because of the fact that everything we've read said that tourists swarm to this city like ants at a picnic. They weren't kidding. It's hard to walk around without bumping into someone or getting jostled... and apparently, it's June, July, and August that are the "busy" seasons! It's hard to believe that it was still under Communist control until 1989. In any case, the city is beautiful and I have taken about a million photos (which will again have to wait until I find a better equipped internet cafe). Tomorrow, we are headed to a little out-of-the-way village called Kutna Hora where there is apparently an ossuary, or a shrine/church decorated with human bones. This one specifically is made with the bones of around 40,000 people. Should be crazy and cool. And also very creepy. But you guys know me. That's just the kind of morbid thing by which I'm fascinated.

The downside to travelling (and in my case, cheap travelling) is sleeping in hostel dormitories. Lots of people sleeping in the same room always results in noisiness throughout the night. All things considered, I have been sleeping decently well, but due to the fact that I remember lots of my dreams, I must be sleeping really lightly. A couple of nights ago, I had a dream about missing all of my final exams at Berkeley. It's been THREE YEARS since I've had to take a final exam... why on EARTH am I still having school-dreams? And I had another dream that same night that I had enrolled myself in a bunch of classes for which I had done no reading, so I was totally unprepared for writing my final paper and taking any tests. Most recently, I had a dream where I thought that it was Friday (the due date of my masters dissertation) when in fact it was Saturday and I hadn't turned in my dissertation yet. School must have seriously stressed me out and scarred me deep in my subconscience or something.

Anyway, I digress. Internet time is running out so that's it for now. Hopefully, I'll be able to post some pics for your viewing pleasure. Fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home