Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Fun with Fake Eyelashes

My head is about to explode from all of the reserach papers that I'm attempting to cram into it. So to make myself feel better, I decided to invest 3 British pounds (wooo, big spender!) on a pair of false eyelashes. Being asian, I wasn't blessed with beautiful long curvy lashes. But with most things, if you weren't born with God-given good looks, a bit practice and a good eye for selecting an appropriate make-up color palette is all it takes to fake it.

I spent about half an hour learning how to place them just along my natural lash line and it's much harder than it looks, especially because I can't adjust the angle of my bathroom mirror (which would help greatly, at least for intial attempts at gluing fake lashes to my eyelid). I still don't have the technique perfected, but I think I've gotten to the point where I no longer paste the fake lashes at weird skewed angles.

I must say, it feels a little weird, though. I can see the fake lashes when I'm looking straight foward and it'll probably take my brain a little bit of time to automatically cancel them out. Ah, the things we do for fun and fashion.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home