Thursday, June 29, 2006

Fake N Bake

I'm tired of being white. Or rather, since I'm asian, yellow. There's no beach/pool here where I can work on summer color but the warm weather means I want to wear skirts and sandals and these always look a little better paired with a golden tan. I'm afraid of tanning salons since there's a chance to develop something like melanoma. Besides, even if I didn't get invasive cancer, I would surely develop premature wrinkles and nothing is more gross than a middle-aged super-brown woman who has the skin of an 80-year-old woman.

So, if there's 1) not enough consistent sunglight to slowly get tan and since 2) tanning beds are out, what's a girl to do? Take a deep breath.... FAKE IT. Loreal has developed a DIY airbrush tan in a spray can that's been getting really good reviews. Gone are the 90's, when fake tan in a bottle was first introduced in all of its day-glo, streaky neon orange glory. The body lotions which gradually build tans with each application take too long and often don't work. I'm far too impatient for that.

So I'm sitting around in my room making sure my airbrushed arms and legs don't touch anything, letting the chemicals seep into my skin. Apparently, it takes at least an hour for the color to show up. We'll see. Fingers crossed that I don't end up looking like I'd obviously faked it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home