Sunday, March 26, 2006

Yesterday, I went to my very first football game in England. I went with JP to see his home team, Coventry (in sky blue), play Crewe (in red). We had really good seats: first row, center. As soon as the game started, the ball came careening over the small 2-foot-tall barrier in front of us and JP got to touch the ball as he tried to kick it back to the players from his seat. It was an interesting experience, as I got to participate in something that I think of as being super-duper British. I also got to eat a (mystery) meat pie (a tradition not unlike getting a hot dog at a baseball game) which tasted mostly good. Unfortunately, the initial excitement gave way to disappointment, as Conventry went on to play a crappy game and lost to lower-ranked Crewe, 1-4. Oh well, better luck next time.
Image hosting by Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home