Monday, February 06, 2006

One more day of antibiotics left and tooth feels much better. I can now bite without too much weird-tingly-ness. Can't chew really hard or crunchy things, but oh well. I'm only 24 and already eating soft foods like an old person. I guess things could be worse.

Anjali and I got into a conversation yesterday about Kit-Kats and how America is lame because we only have two different kinds: milk chocolate and white chocolate (which some would argue isn't even chocolate at all, since it has no actual cocoa in it, but I digress). Our obsession with Kit Kats started when I went to Japan and noticed that they had at least half a dozen different types of Kit Kats, with my ALL-TIME favorite one being the green tea Kit Kat. I was so enamored of them that I even brought a bunch of them home with me to give out to people as Christmas presents. Japan is way more obsessed with new kinds of chocolate/candy and a lot of companies put out special regional or seasonal flavors. In addition to the stock standard American flavors, I also had the opportunity to try lemon cheesecake (2003's seasonal pick), green tea (2004 seasonal flavor), passion fruit (2005's Valentine's Day edition), pumpkin (Hokkaido's specialty, tastes like pumpkin pie), strawberry, cafe au lait, and one covered in cocoa powder.

I haven't really looked into what the UK had to offer in terms of special edition Kit Kat flavors, but Anjali recently informed me that she had found a tiramisu Kit Kat!! I looked EVERYWHERE in Manchester and couldn't find them, but I've been assured that when I go to London next weekend, we will go visit the CyberCandy flagship store, which is just a few minutes walk from Anjali's dorm! Check out their selection: redberry, tiramisu, dark chocolate, maple, cappucino... the list goes on and on!

I know I shouldn't have chocolate because of my tooth crisis, but I think I'm going to have to give in on this one and try some new Kit Kat flavors!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home