Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I'm in a better mood today. I think the antibiotics are starting to work. My tooth is still really tender, but there's no longer a throbbing ache (I could literally feel my heartbeat through my tooth, kinda gross. Sort of like if you put a band-aid around your finger too tight and you can feel your pulse in the tip of your finger). I've decided to not eat solid food for a while which has fortuitous good timing with the healthy food diet upon which me and a couple of my MRes buddies have embarked. All of the evil foods that tempt me--potato chips, cookies, and chocolate--require chewing to a certain level and while chocolate doesn't necessarily have to be chewed, my ever-present tooth paranoia has been recently been heightened and I've decided against all that cavity-causing goodness.

This also goes well with my two New Year's resolutions (which I decided NOT to reveal for a little while, just to make sure I kept them for at least a few weeks before caving in to temptation and laziness). Late last year, I joined a gym but hadn't been going regularly so I decided that resolution #1 should be: go to the gym at least three times a week. So far so good! Some weeks, I've even managed four trips! Hooray! Resolution #2: Drink no soda (diet is acceptable but still frowned upon because the carbonation can still promote tooth decay). Because of my re-kindled dental paranoia, I haven't really been drinking any diet soda either. Boo-yah! Let's see if I can keep this up. Fingers crossed.

On a related note, I forgot to mention that during my emergency appointment yesterday, the dentist gave me two options. For £60 I could get a root canal treatment and my tooth would be rescued, or I could pay £12 to get my tooth removed. I think I'll invest in the ~100 bucks to have my tooth fixed. As if getting my tooth pulled out was even a remotely viable option!!

As for the scientist or not post, Eva was the only one who made the guesses and I commend her for the effort she put in. Eva, you get an "A" for effort. However, I will have to fail you on accuracy becuase the only person you guessed correctly for was Steph, who is indeed a scientist (she's also an MRes student like me). It's kind of funny cuz you mixed up all of the scientists and non-scientists. Oh well, better luck next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home