Tuesday, January 31, 2006

dentist + Grace = bad bad news. Without fail. Today was no different.

On Sunday night, all of a sudden and without warning, the entire right side of my jaw felt as thought sometime had exploded inside and I was literally seeing stars because the pain was so intense. The dull throbbing achy feeling persisted through the night and into the next day, and I only managed to get through a full work day by taking loads and loads of tylenol. During the middle of last night, I woke up at about 2am with the weirdest sensation in my mouth: my upper right molar (which had been causing me the excruciating pain) felt oddly tingly and tender (not unlike when you bash your funny bone against your desk or something). It wasn't exactly painful anymore, but definitely a million miles from normal. First thing this morning, I called about 10 different dentists in hopes of getting an emergency appointment. Only one would see me today and while this dentist was extremely nice and very professional, I still decided that I hated dentists as a whole and no matter how friendly or nice they are, they scare the shit out of me.

Long story short, there is apparently nothing wrong with the integrity of the outer parts of my tooth. For some reason, however, I have an infection of the inner pulp and will require a root canal. Boooooooo. That's gonna be no fun. To make things worse, they didn't have any free appointments until Feb 28th, so in the meantime, they have me on antibiotics which should at least kill the bacteria proliferating inside my tooth and hopefully STOP THE PAIN. Otherwise, this is going to be a looooong four weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home