Sunday, November 13, 2005

To PhD or not to PhD? That is the question on hand. And I have to make a decision soon. They're accepting applications until this coming Friday.

I can think of a lot of reasons to not do it. Obviously, I'm not certain and it's not something you take lightly. I'm pretty sure that I don't want to spend another 3 - 4 years away from home. It will be harder (although not improbable) for me to find funding because I'm American. Mostly, I don't know if I want to be a student for that much longer. I want to work, to find a place to settle down (even if only semi-permanently), and to have the kind of lifestyle that I had when I was part of the workforce. Besides, if in 10 or 20 years, I still really really wanted to, I could very easily do it.

However, being a "Doctor Lee" would be fresh and it's not like I'm NOT capable of doing a bio-Phd.

Decisions, decisions. Does someone want to make them for me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home