Friday, October 14, 2005

I can't believe that I've been here a month! I've finally settled into my life in Manchester and I'm beginning to enjoy myself here. Lab is going well and my coworkers are super friendly and very helpful. I'm getting along with my roomies. I have friends with whom I can share the miseries of failed experiments, but also have a drink with after work. I know which buses take me downtown and which ones get me back to my dorm. I can buy tortillas from the local grocery store (the UK has one up on Japan!), so I can forgive them for the lack of refried beans (my arteries forgive them, too). There is a Korean grocery store within spitting distance from my dorm (score!) so if I ever feel the need for kimchi, I'm good to go. I think that it's safe to say that despite early misgivings and pitfalls, I'm glad that I chose to come to Manchester.

It's been a long time since I've made a straight-up happy post. Very uncharacteristic of me. Maybe it's the fact that it's Friday. Or maybe it's because my experiement finally worked (and it wasn't my fault that it failed the previous three times!). Or maybe it's because it's not raining today. Who knows? I'll just enjoy the feeling while it lasts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home