Thursday, September 22, 2005

5 days, 4 attempts at registering, 4 different banks, and three meetings with my department manager later, I was FINALLY able to register as a student at the University of Manchester with a working bank account. I was ecstatic. Then I tried to set up an internet account. 1 point for Grace and 1,092,254 points for British bureaucracy.

The error message that keeps popping up is that I don't exist in the university database and there's nothing I can do except wait for them to (slowly) put me into the system. My main problem with this whole situation is that I am to start my first lab placement in about a week and I have to find a suitable project, find a suitable supervisor, meet with the supervisor, and design an experiment... and unfortunately for me, all of that requires me to have access to the university network.

And if things weren't bad enough already, I got stung by a wasp for the first time ever yesterday. It flew up my pant leg and I had to run to my room to take off my pants. Good thing is that I discovered that I am in fact, NOT allergic to wasps. Whew.

ARGH! I'm just gonna end up giving all of my spending money to this damn internet cafe. The owner practically knows me now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home