Saturday, August 27, 2005

Mammoth and San Diego were both fun and now over. I am currently spending my days sitting on my ass catching up on the last three seasons worth of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and doing little more than wasting away like a vegetable left in the 110-degree sun. Yet, despite the oodles and oodles of free time that I have, I can't seem to be able to motivate myself to do constructive things like study a little bio in preparation for grad school or clean out the stinking garage. Nope, I just sit glued to the TV as if I didn't know what was gonna happen to Buffy and her gang of demon-hunting buddies.

All is not completely lost, though. I now have a place to live in the UK and a visa! Hooray!

Conversation heard while trying to buy a train ticket home from Union Station in LA:

Man #1: Hey man! How've you been? It's been forever!
Man #2: Yeah, I know! Man, I just got out!
Man #1: Really? No kidding? How long were you put in for?
Man #2: 7 years and finally I'm out.

Wonderful. I wonder what the sentence was for? Armed robbery? Kidnapping? Holding up a 7-11? No matter. I made it home safe and sound. Ah, LA. How charming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home