Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Number of days left: 12

Number of classes left: 4

Number of goodbye parties/dinners attended
: 4

Number of goodbye parties/dinners to attend: at least 5

Number of compulsory goodbye speeches to be given: 3

Number of cockroaches found in my apt this year: 0 (knock on wood)

I’m caught in this really strange position now where I’m ready to go home, but I feel as though I don’t really have enough time to get everything ready. I’m sad to say goodbye to my good friends, but I’m tired of saying meaningless “sayonaras” out of obligation. I want to be excited about going to England in two months, but I can’t because I’m sick of giving the “I’m going to Manchester for grad school” spiel to the dozens and dozens of people who have asked about my life after JET. Moving to England no longer sounds glamorous, since the story of the next chapter of my life has been somewhat cheapened by constant repetition.

Currently Trying to Read: The Iliad – Homer (haha, I anticipate that I will read about two more pages before quitting)
Currently Playing: City Lights – pH7
Special Thanks To: Eva, for posting my blog entries for me. (No problem, Grace! I'm more than happy to be your blog middleman.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home