Thursday, June 16, 2005

It has come to my attention that I have offended people and that other peoples' comments have also been offensive to some, and while this has most likely been unintentional, it has nonetheless become a great big mess.

Please, no one take offense at this entry! I'm not targeting anyone. I am making a broad, general statement and am pointing fingers and no one. I apologize for anyone who has felt unwelcome reading my blog lately.

I would like to lay down some rules for commenting:

1) Don't be hurtful or negative. Especially not towards people you've never met or have not seen in years and years. What might be funny to you may not be to someone else. Your sense of humor may not be universally well-received.

2) Be tactful. Try to imagine yourself on the receiving end and also remember that sarcasm doesn't really translate well over text. Don't assume that someone will correctly infer the intended tone of your comment.

3) Please don't correct me, or if you want to, make it a private comment. To be frank, I get really embarrassed when people point out my mistakes and I lash out because I get defensive. There's no need to announce my errors to the entire public.

Anyway, I've decided to take a break from blogging. As you've probably noticed, I've posted nothing of significance since my Vietnam photos and I don't anticipate any noteworthy upcoming events. Besides, anything I end up writing here will probably be a complaint about something or other anyway, and even I'm tired of listening to myself whine.

My life in a nutshell:
  • My job is the same. I expect that it will be until the very last day.
  • I have pre-grad-school jitters, but if you know me, you know I always do this and it's no big deal. I'll get over it.
  • I've been depressed and on edge lately and I don't really know why. But again, I'm sure you all knew that already.
  • I'm coming home Monday, July 25th. Mark your calendars.


  • See you all again, and hopefully, sometime sooner rather than later.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home