Friday, April 15, 2005

I went grocery shopping today and decided that I deserve a dessert-type treat tonight for having been so good about exercising and eating right for the last few weeks. Knowing myself (ie my lack of self-control), I told myself that I could only buy something if I really, really wanted it. To my surprise, I wasn't in the mood for chocolate, or ice cream, or cookies, or cake. What I wanted was white rice, or a big fat piece of bread with butter, or a slice of pizza from the bakery.

I have essentially cut all refined starches from my diet due to their lack of nutritional value in proportion to the calories contained, and now there is nothing that I want more than bread, rice, or a baked potato.

I had a baked potato with butter and salt while out doing hanami (cherry blossom viewing) last Sunday and it was the best damn potato I had ever eaten. That's what I want right now... mmmmmm....

I will post photos of cherry blossoms soon. Promise.

Currently Reading: After the Quake - Haruki Murakami
Currently Playing: Get Away - Limp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home