Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I guess it's too much to ask for the Office of Graduate Admissions and the School of Public Health to put a 30-cent stamp on a 5-cent envelope and put a 2-cent piece of paper with the words "Sorry, but you're too average to come here" on it and seal it all in with about 8 microliters of spit and expend about 1.7 kilocalories to place in a mailbox which is probably about 3 feet from the desk where the secretary sits. Got rejected by my Hotmail inbox today. You know what? Didn't want to study epidemiology anyway! Cambridge can kiss my ass.

But then again, I'm not actually qualified to study public health, seeing as how I studied molecular biology and all. At the time of my application, I suffered an attack of "I'm not worthy!" and decided NOT to apply to their biochemistry department because I thought that I'd have next to no chance of being accepted. I figured that public health would be easier to get into. What did I base this assumption on? Nothing at all. Totally arbitrary. I wonder if I would have had a better chance if I hadn't been so chicken shit.

This could all be for the best, because had I gotten in, there's almost no way that I could have said "no" to Cambridge and for the sake of my self-esteem, it's better to be a big fish in a small pond. It was bad enough at Cal; I couldn't imagine what it would be like at an academically strong university with a student body that KNOWS they attend a world-class institution. Whatever. I'm still going to England!

Small pond, here I come!

Currently Reading: The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho
Currently Playing: Hollywood Bitch - Stone Temple Pilots

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home