Friday, April 01, 2005

For the last 6 or 7 days, I’ve probably had next to zero human contact, save for dinner with Shannon on Wednesday evening (thanks, Shannon!). As you all know, I spent the entirety of spring break sitting in the BOE and while the office people are nice enough, they pretty much ignore me. I say “good morning” when I arrive and the obligatory “excuse me for being so rude and leaving before everyone else” at the end of the day and it’s not unusual for me to go the rest of the day without even seeing their faces. They’re all hard at work (doing God knows what) and rarely look up from their computers and/or paperwork. This is a busy time of the year for a lot of JETs as well and I guess I’m just a little miffed that I also wasn’t able to figure out something fun to do. So here I am spending another day being bored out of my mind and I couldn’t help but realize how much I depend on my friends to keep me from slipping. Living in Japan can be terribly lonely and it becomes apparent every now and then, especially when I have too much time to think.

Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights – Emily Bronte
Currently Playing: New Song – Pizzicato Five

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home