Sunday, March 27, 2005

Went clubbing in Osaka yesterday to help a friend celebrate her birthday and again I was reminded of how tired I am of dealing with the meaningless where-are-you-from-do-you-teach-English-how-long-have-you-been-here with men who drunkenly violate my personal space and spill beer on my shoes. Good thing I wasn't wearing nice shoes.

I spent a lot of time last night thinking about what I actually want out of a potential partner. Of course looks and machismo gets your foot in the door, but as I expect men to eventually get past physical appearances, what I'm really looking for is a sense of humor, intelligence, a love for cheesy horror and/or action movies.

Furthermore, should I settle for the company of someone who just makes me laugh, someone who makes me feel comfortable? Or should I seek out someone who will encourage me to think harder, to look more deeply, to challenge myself?

I have the tendency to fall into a rut and get stuck doing the same thing over and over again. It's a familiar and easy way to live life and despite wanting to accomplish more, I can be quite the creature of habit. I find people who are smarter than me to be intimidating; however, maybe that's just what I need to kick my ass into gear and get me thinking about life, the universe, and everything.

Currently Playing: Celebrate You - Veruca Salt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home