Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Deranged Student vs. Pushover Teacher: Part II

The same student from yesterday decided to target the same teacher from yesterday in a bloody (literally) part II of their previous boxing match. Unfortunately for me, I ended up in the midst of everything again and although I didn't get hit this time, my cut and bleeding student decided to bleed onto my sweater while I was trying to restrain the little punk. Needless to say, my favorite white sweater is now ruined and not to mention, this whole thing is really gross and unsanitary. This all went down at about 8:50 this morning, so I've been sitting at school all day with someone else's biohazardous waste staining my left sleeve. Eeeeeew.

I feel really sorry for the teacher who was involved. He's the substitute of an English teacher who took pregnancy leave starting last month and this is his first experience teaching. He is hopelessly disorganized, easily flustered, and can barely make conversation in English. However, despite his short-comings as a teacher, he is in fact, a really really nice man. Possibly just a little too nice for this school's psychotic student body (which not only includes mini-Mike Tyson, but the ADHD Aki-chan, Daichi-kun, and Kazuya-kun as well). Most of the students are nice to him because it IS difficult to be mean and nasty to someone who is genuinely kind, but students like this one take advantage of his push-over-ness.

I never though that I would have to rescue an older man from a fight with a 75-pound Japanese 13-year-old. This country never ceases to amaze me. Too bad for my sweater, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home