Monday, December 06, 2004

Exactly two weeks and 5 hours from now, I will be ON A PLANE heading for beauuuuuuutiful California! I totally can't wait!

After being blessed with an unusually long, warm autumn, winter has officially set it. I can tell because today, I felt compelled to hold my pee as long as humanly possibly in order to avoid having to have to drop my pants in an ice-cold bathroom stall. I managed to go four class periods before giving into nature's urges. I'm sure you all wanted to know that.

But the cold weather isn't all bad. This weekend, I am heading over to Gifu-ken for this season's first snowboarding season! Yes, I will be ripping up the slopes on my phatty new board and in my hot hot threads. Or else I will be eating snow as I plow face-first down the mountain.

I made a kick-ass chili last night. I now have another recipe to add to my repertoire of...dum-dum-DUM...about four recipes. The only problem is, I was over-zealous and ended up making enough for me to eat chili with rice twice a day for the rest of this week. Oops.

And last but not least, I leave you with this: another wonderful lesson in English (this one courtesy of the 9th grade textbook).

Sneeze on Monday, sneeze for danger;
Sneeze on Tuesday, kiss a stranger;
Sneeze on Wednesday, get a letter;
Sneeze on Thursday, something better;
Sneeze on Friday, sneeze for sorrow;
Sneeze on Saturday, see your sweetheart tomorrow.

I'm actually not sure what purpose that poem is supposed to serve (if it's meant to embarrass me, then it's a wild success). They're supposed to have learned the days of the week in 7th grade. All I know is that I have to read it out loud and try to make a bunch of self-conscious 15-year-olds repeat after me. I'm sorry! I didn't write the textbook. Trust me, I would like to shoot the person who did.

Currently reading: Frank Herbert - Dune Messiah
Currently playing: Sneeze on Monday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home