Thursday, July 29, 2004

I must be going ever so slightly insane. Maybe I need a shrink. Or a good vacation. Possibly both? The last week or so of my life in a nutshell:

New Apartment: is da BOMB! I'm so happy about this one! Absolutely blows my Harima apartment out of the water.
The Pug (Ask me about the reference, I'm trying to cover my tracks): has bombed the personality test. He has the social skills of a rock and the charm of a small scaly lizard. Tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he's already offended me numerous times. Oh well, must continue to be nice; I've endured worse.
New Irish JETs in Kuwana and Yokkaichi: are really really cool. Yokatta! (rough translation: "Whew! Thank God!") But in order for there to be positions make available to new JETs,
Old JETs have to leave. Booo. I will miss you so much Natalie!
Days spent in the office: are a complete waste of time. I'm so bored.
The Ishi Dori Matsuri (Kuwana's annual festival, known as the noisiest festival in Japan): was super-cool! I have never had so much fun doing something so Japanese! And wearing a yukata makes it all so much more fun! Pictures forthcoming (I promise! I somehow managed to take about 140 in one night!).
Tako Yaki: Highly underrated festival food of choice. Mmmmm, octopus balls...
The DaVinci Code: Good but not THAT good. Entertaining enough. A book like that would cause such a ruckus in a closet-Puritan country like America.
Twenty-Four (season 2): Such flag-waving patriotic propaganda! But I did like subtle subversive ideas. I won't include any spoilers. It's worth watching if there's a video store nearby and you're really bored. Oh wait, that sounds a lot like my life in Japan...

Currently reading: Isabel Allende - Daughter of Fortune
Currently playing: Less than Jake - Welcome to the New South

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home