Wednesday, July 07, 2004

How is it possible that a country that can be this HOT in the summer be so dang COLD in the winter? Like so many other things, the climate here boggles my mind.

Lately my life has been full of melodrama, courtesy of the craziness of the people around me as well as my own wine-induced idiocy. So as if emotional drama weren't enough, I decided to go see a Japanese dentist last weekend. If you know me, you know that there's nothing in the world I hate more than dentists. Aside from maybe public speaking or something, but I digress. For the FIRST TIME EVER, it was good news. This dentist assured me that there was nothing wrong with me, except for maybe that I'm a paranoid hypochondriac that loves to diagnose herself and expect the worst in all cases. He took an x-ray of the problem area and found nothing wrong, but I insisted that there must be something wrong and made him double-check his work. How's that for annoying patient? He was so patient and nice and reassuring. All qualities that one would value in a medical practitioner of any kind. My dentist back home was a mean nasty old man who had zero people skills and always made those tsk-tsk sounds while shaking his head. Like, what's that supposed to mean anyway?? While this Japanese dentist gave me a glimpse into the wonderful world of shinsetsu-na dentists, I can still say that I still don't like getting my teeth checked. I'd rather go to the doctor and get 10 shots. Seriously. Which reminds me, I'd better get going. I have a date with Oral B floss and Listerine. An apple a day keeps the doctor away, but superstrong antiseptic mouthwash may keep the dentist at bay...

And this is just too cool(?). Swiss Army finds a way to wed computer geekiness with resourceful practicality. Now that takes creativity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home