Monday, June 21, 2004

Typhoon warnings threatened to leave us stranded in Okinawa, but we managed to get back to Mie-ken more or less as scheduled. Despite the fact that impending bad weather cut our beach time in half, I still had an awesome time and I think I'll have to make another trip, preferably not during rainy season.

Disclaimer: Snapfish has done something to change the resolution of my photos so they are unintentionally enlarged and blurry. Sorry about that. If you want the originals, let me know.


First night out during the Tokyo Recontracting Conference. I think we were in Shibuya.


Too cheap to go out for a real meal, we decided to get ramen from a roadside stand. Smelled and looked better than it tasted.


Furuzamami Beach. Before we got kicked off of Zamami Jima by the mayor/governor or Zamami himself, we decided to try and squeeze in some snorkeling.


Ama Beach on Zamami Jima.


The ladies...


...and the men (sporting their highly fashionable Hawaiian shirts).


Out in Naha.


And some killer waves courtesy of our friend, the typhoon. 10-12 feet, maybe?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home