Sunday, April 11, 2004

In my attempt to follow the path of a more healthy lifestyle, I decided to make the conscious effort to drink the recommended 8 glasses of water a day (2 liters, I believe) and for those of you who know me, this is a BIG step. A very conscious effort indeed.

In my between-class musings, I came across an interesting point. Since I refuse to drink tap water (bleh!), I wonder how much my new healthy lifestyle change is going to cost me? Of course, how can even THINK of putting a price on clearer skin, functioning kidneys, lowered risk of developing cellulite in old age, etc. etc. But for lack of better things to do with my time right now...

2 liters of bottled water = 250 yen/day
(250 yen/day) x (365 days/year) = 91,250 yen/year
(91,250 yen/year) / (110 yen/dollar) = $829.55

$829.55 spent in one year on bottled water. Talk about an expensive habit. I should just learn to drink tap water...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home