Sunday, December 28, 2003

Been in Japan for about 16 hours now and I'm already missing the warmth. It's fucking cold here, but apparently Cali's in the same boat, so my apologies. I'll stop being so self-centered and acknowledge the fact that it's not just me suffering from near-frostbite. But then again, you all have central heating... an amenity (although in this country, it should be categorized as a necessity) that the Japanese have not yet adopted. So there!

But enough about the cold. I have photos from the aforementioned trip to Thailand! For fear that my Snapfish account may have capped my bandwidth, I've only uploaded low quality pics. Email me if you want to see better photos. So without further ado:

Bangkok's Grand Palace. From L --> R Fiona, me, Alice, and Ruth.


Again, the Grand Palace. We're being inredibly un-PC, posing like Thai dancers and all...


Alice, Ruth, and me after a dive. That's Koh Bida Nok in the background.


Rachel (a random JET we picked up on Koh Phi Phi), Ruth, Alice, me and Fiona at our hotel's compulsory--overpriced and underwhelming--Christmas dinner. We had a particularly foul-tasting drink called a Phi Phi Paradise Spectacular or something equally excessive. It took all five of us to finish it.


A famous "bucket drink." Contains half a bottle of whiskey and some coke. Here's Ewan and Stuart plowing through one. I'm too much of a light weight to have one of these. Damn my asian genes...


This is Koh Phi Phi Leh. Where the movie "The Beach" was taped. This is "The Beach."


Returning to Phi Phi Don from Phi Phi Leh.


Ruth, Remy (sp? Stu's friend from college), Ewan, Fiona, me, and Stu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home