Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Apparently, all of Southern California is ablaze and 1000's of homes have been evacuated. A friend of mine from back home emailed me saying that he can see the fires at night. And my teachers here keep asking me if my family and my house is OK. Well, my parents should be alright seeing as how they are on the East Coast right now, thousands of miles from the raging fires, but I have no idea how my brother and grandmother are doing right now. Hopefully, my house hasn't burned down or anything. That would kind of suck.

On a happier note, I finally booked my flight for Thailand. Wahoo!!

And on a weird note, I was asked a strange question during class today. One of my students asked me what my three measurements were. I don't know what my Japanese sizes are and even if I did know, that's not something I'd share, especially seeing as how I am enormous by Japanese standards. My students already tell me that my feet are HUGE (for reference, I wear a 7.5 US, which I believe is a 6 or 6.5 UK which last time I checked, was not HUGE) so yeah. Don't go there.

And for those of you who are AIM-inclined, my internet hours will be weird when converted to Pacific Standard time. Especially when daylight savings time ends in a week or so? Right now, the only times that I can be online that would be reasonable for all of you is about 10am - 2pm which in CA time is 6pm - 10pm. Since I have to work and all (yes, JET is not all fun and games!), I can only be online at that time on the weekends. This weekend, I'm heading over to Kyoto so I won't be able to go online. However, next weekend, no plans as of yet, so until then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home