Tuesday, October 21, 2003

And here is what you've all been waiting for:

GRACE'S WHACKED OUT CRAZY ADVENTURES IN JAPAN CAUGHT ON FILM!!

Forgive me if Snapfish doesn't allow me enough bandwidth and the pictures aren't loadind properly. Check back again, I promise that they're not going anywhere any time soon.

Here is Tokyo's Shinjuku region:


Kumano of southern Mie holds Japan's largest fireworks festival. Here is the best picture I took that night:


Here is me in Ueno, home of the ninja, with none other than NHK's DOMO-KUN!


Still in Ueno. This is one of Japan's many festivals. They hold festivals for EVERYTHING. This one was to honor a local poet.


The Obon-Odori dance:


Ueno Castle, the largest castle in Mie:


Osaka with Fiona and Ruth:


This is Nabari in Mie. Most of Mie looks more like this. Mmmmmm, rice paddies...


And these are photos taken at one my school's Sports Day. Every school in Japan does a school festival which includes a Culture Day and a Sports Day. In the first picture, the students are participating in a jump rope contest where the entire class jumps together. The second picture is of the victorious 3rd year class, who jumped 80-something times without messing up. The third picture is of some of my female 2nd year students.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home