Tuesday, September 02, 2003

This is my second day in Ryosei Junior High School, where I will be teaching for the next four weeks or so. I will teach my first lesson tomorrow and frankly, this all kind of scares me a bit. I was originally told that I would teach for only 15 - 20 minutes the first few days so that I get a feel for it. However, I was told yesterday (my FIRST day in this school) that I was to come up with a lesson plan and some interactive activities and a worksheet for my first lesson and I am to teach for the ENTIRE class period. So 15 minutes has become 50. Somehow, I am not thrilled at that prospect.

So at the moment, I am feeling an odd mix of lots and lots of emotions. On one hand, I really really like my teachers and they're super-nice so I am glad that I'm in a good environment. On the other hand, I'm anxious, nervous, and a little worried about teaching an entire lesson because I have never taught a class before. But then again, I'm resigned to my fate. I mean, what can I do to change it? Then that makes me want to do a kick-ass job and be all that I can be (without joining the U.S. Army).

Well, I have less than 18 hours before my first lesson. Soon it will be over and the stuff that's making my stomach turn will all be over in less than 24 hours. In the mean time, I am going to go and make some really nifty posters about life in the States, practice drawing a U.S. map, and watch dumb Japanese TV to help keep my mind off of things. With me luck, people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home