Friday, September 26, 2003

It has been brought to my attention that there was an earthquake in Japan early this morning. That's news to me. So that probably answers all of your questions. Yes, I'm OK. No, I didn't feel the earthquake. But it does make me feel loved to hear from you people who are obviously concerned. =)

As for a little Japanese geography (because some of you also mentioned that you had no idea where I was relative to Hokkaido, where the earthquake was). Japan is made up of four main islands. Hokkaido to the north. Honshu (the largest most populated one) in the middle. Two smaller islands, Kyushu and Shikoku, to the south. And south of Kyushu and Shikoku lie the Okinawa islands which stretch all the way to Taiwan and stay sunny and warm practically all year round (Okinawa is the Hawaii of Japan). Mie-ken--where I live--is about 2/3 down Honshu. Tokyo is in the top 1/3ish of Honshu. In other words, Mie is very very far from Hokkaido and I don't know exactly how far away it is, but it's kind of like worrying about L.A. because I just heard that Seattle had a big earthquake.


If the link that I put in above doesn't work, cut and paste this: http://www.jinjapan.org/kidsweb/japan/map/j_regi.html

Kuwana is near Nagoya in the Kinki region, for your information. Yes, I live in the KINKI region. hahaha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home