Sunday, August 03, 2003

I have 10 minutes of internet usage, therefore, I will be VERY brief. I arrived in Tokyo yesterday and due to the messing up of my sleep schedule during four years of college, I am glad to report that I have no signs of jet lag. woohoo! I have met many many other JETS, some who will also be teaching near me. Everyone is very friendly and very nice. The JET people have done a really good job finding all of the most optimistic, motivated, and people-friendly people in the Bay Area. This is all very exciting.

Apparently, Mie-ken, where I will be teaching (specifically, in Kuwana city) is kind of rural, so I am a little apprehensive. Orientations start in about two hours and I must say that I am already feeling pretty overwhelmed.

Tokyo is pretty exciting. I only had a couple of hours to wander around last night but I was pretty impressed. Tonight, I think I am tagging along with some other JETS to wander around the streets of Tokyo. I promise not to get into too much trouble! =P

Once I get more substantial internet time, I will email you all! Just wanted to check in and let you know that I am doing well! Bye for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home