Wednesday, August 27, 2003

I had my first meeting with the English teachers from my schools. I wasn't too terribly nervous about teaching at first, since it seemed it was such a long way away. It's not such a long way away anymore. I will go into class on Monday, September 1 to participate in my first school's opening ceremony where I will have to give a little speech to the entire student body and staff. That won't be so bad. No one there will speak English well enough so that I have to be afraid of making little mistakes here and there. What really scares me is classroom teaching. I will have to give a self-introduction to each class. I'm supposed to make a poster with pictures of myself, my hometown, landmarks near where I live, etc etc... and talk for 15-20 minutes about all that good stuff. And I got off lucky. Some of my other coworkers have to talk for 30 minutes or for the entire class period, which is 50 minutes. Now that the hard part of the JET program is finally upon me, I'm getting pretty nervous. Wish me luck everyone!

And since I will no longer be coming into the office and will start going to my schools, I think that my internet usage my be cut off until I can get DSL in my apartment. Maybe I'll go try out those internet cafe thingies that I keep hearing about...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home