Thursday, July 10, 2003

Today's Subject: The Quest for an (Almost) American Idol

Background: My mom is surprisingly hip to the American (as well as Korean) pop music scene. She owns Backstreet Boys and Christina Aguilera albums but she's not too keen on N-Sync or Britany Spears. She hears about new groups before I do and she likes to watch the Asian MTV Video Music Awards. She wanted to follow American Idol, but couldn't due to her work schedule. So today, she asked me to go look for Clay Aiken's single. Not Ruben's. Only Clay's would do.

So begins my quest. I though, this should be simple enough. In Hawaii, Clay's CD's were everywhere. I could practically buy them at the local drug store. But I underestimated the consumers of Santa Clarita...

First stop: Best Buy. I looked up and down the aisles before I finally gave in and asked for help. I was told that they had been sold out for weeks. OK. No sweat (in spite of the blistering heat of the desert sun).

Second Attempt: Target. Despite having a plethora of delectable goods at affordable prices, they fail to deliver me my (Almost) American Idol.

Third Time's the Charm? Circuit City. Only Ruben. Game over, try again.

Last Chance: Wal-Mart. Every OTHER American Idol CD can be found here, including something like 5 dozen of Ruben's CD's.

Conclusion: Based on record sales alone, Clay should have won the competition. Dude, I voted for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home