Monday, May 05, 2003


Not that I have nothing to do. I have lots to do, in fact (like say, start and finish my thesis). But now that I am mostly finished with my Historian duties for PSP, I have this HUGE void that I temporarily need to fill with things other than imperative school work. I love online quizzes--God only knows why--and I find that they are some of the biggest time wasters out there. Yet I can't stop taking them. Here is an especially interesting one. What level of Hell do you deserve to be sent to?

I got lucky and I will be sent into the first level of Hell, Limbo, with all of the virtuous non-believers. I guess giving bums spare change every now and then has allowed to me squeak by and not spend eternity in torment. For those of you who have not read Dante's Inferno.... I highly recommend it. It's pretty interesting and I give props to Dante for coming up with such creative punishments for those deadly sinners out there. If he were alive that is....

Anyway, here is a description of where I'll end up in my afterlife. Tell me where you'll end up and maybe I can look you up 80 years from now...

"Charon ushers you across the river Acheron, and you find yourself upon the brink of grief's abysmal valley. You are in Limbo, a place of sorrow without torment. You encounter a seven-walled castle, and within those walls you find rolling fresh meadows illuminated by the light of reason, whereabout many shades dwell. These are the virtuous pagans, the great philosophers and authors, unbaptised children, and others unfit to enter the kingdom of heaven. You share company with Caesar, Homer, Virgil, Socrates, and Aristotle. There is no punishment here, and the atmosphere is peaceful, yet sad."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home